Other Church Buildings in Dumfries Town
Use by Dumfries Academy as a Dining Hall for students
Used as a small theatre by the Brig-end Theatre Group
Used as a Health and Fitness Club
Click HERE to Learn More about this church
Used by the Ewart Library as a book store, this is the Loreburn Church referred to below. 
The church of the First United Associate Congregation of Dumfries, commonly known as the Loreburn chuch, is shown above. The first minister was the Rev.Thomas Herbertson. The second minister, William Inglis was ordained in 1765 and remained as minister to the congregation for 62 years.  He was also Moderator of the United Associate Church, which covered an area from Stranraer to Whitehaven.   His baptismal records have recently been published, click for details.
Click HERE to Learn More about the Rev. William Inglis